The DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU), in partnership with the District Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE) and the DC Green Bank, is offering enhanced technical and financial assistance to owners and managers of qualifying affordable multifamily buildings that do not meet the District’s Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS). The District’s Affordable Housing Retrofit Accelerator program will help you:
- Understand the BEPS and how they apply to your building(s)
- Uncover energy-saving opportunities in your building(s)
- Identify resources, including financial incentives and financing opportunities, to help you make upgrades that will reduce energy use
- Choose a Compliance Pathway and get support towards compliance with the BEPS requirements as determined by DOEE
- Cut your energy costs, run your building more efficiently, and reduce your greenhouse gas emissions
DOEE, DC Green Bank, and DCSEU held a webinar to introduce partners to BEPS, the Accelerator, and the support in development for building owners and operators, building managers, and others that need support to pursue BEPS compliance in the affordable housing space.