- Supports well-designed energy projects that save on utility bills and enhance attractiveness to tenants
- Property owners select and manage their own service professional(s) DC Green Bank Navigator Loan
- Owners cover 25% of project costs and DC Green Bank finances 75%; one balloon payment at project financing
- Get a head start on DC’s Building Efficiency Performance Standards
DC Green Bank’s Navigator Pre-Development Energy Loan is a simple line of credit that funds customized design of energy improvements for new and existing commercial, nonprofit-owned, and multifamily properties. Navigator allows you to get a jump-start on construction design for energy-efficient upgrades. This program is offered in partnership with Inclusive Prosperity Capital (IPC).
Navigator Quick Facts
- $10,000 to $250,000
- Higher amounts may be considered based on the project size and complexity.
Qualified uses for energy improvement projects
- Energy audits and benchmarking
- Green charrettes
- Bidding work
- Other reasonable energy-related pre-development costs
- Residential or mixed-use properties with five (5) or more residential units
- Community-based nonprofit organization buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Affordable multifamily & nonprofit properties – 1.99%
- Market-rate properties & commercial real-estate – 3.99%
- 24 months, with repayment due at the end of the period or upon project funding
- No penalty for early repayment
Getting funding through Navigator can be completed in 3 easy steps!
1. Submit Inquiry Form
- Complete a Navigator inquiry form.
- Provide a project description.
- Submit a project budget that includes your 25% contribution to pre-development costs.
- Submit the names and qualifications of the professional service providers you plan to hire.
- Provide property financials: current year operating budget, previous two years’ financial statements, previous two years’ tax returns, most recent mortgage statement, and certificate of insurance.
- Email inquiry form, project description, project budget, and property financials to email@example.com with the subject “Navigator Loan Inquiry” and the name of your property.
2. Close on Loan
- We will review your proposal and, if approved, provide a loan agreement for your review.
- Sign your loan agreement.
- You may submit for loan disbursements on a monthly basis by supplying copies of invoices or other documentation for review and approval. We will advance 75% of approved costs.
- Alternately, we will advance 100% of the approved costs after proof of owner funding the first 25% of costs.
- DC Green Bank reserves the right to require proof of payment to contractors.
Once the project is designed, DC Green Bank can either directly finance or help you identify financing options to implement your project.
Ready to get started? Start your inquiry form: